Here are some things I’d like to appreciate now, and remember later:
- tiny little hands – pawing at me like a kitten, resting against my ribs, accidentally brushing my cheek and lips, grasping my finger.
- wide blue eyes that stare at me with a desperate need that only I can fill.
- the moment he goes from screaming to silence when I pick him up and cuddle him to my chest.
- the fuzz on the back of his neck – so kissable.
- late night moments of primal hunger when he looks just like a baby monkey 🙂
- little puss face – bottom lip pushed out like a caricature of sad.
- the heavy feeling of his body when he’s completely wiped out, draped over my shoulder – one hand on my collar bone and the other hanging across my back.
- the contented sound he makes when he’s eating calmly – a sigh with his mouth full.
- his serene and slightly surprised look when he gets in the tub.
- the rare but amazing times when Z wakes up from a nap, looks up at me, and smiles.
- extreme stretching: arms over head, back arched, butt out.
- butterfly kisses, and the “aw mom” look he gives me afterwards.
- tiny little body – my hand covers his entire back from shoulders to hips.
- pucker face – tiny pursed lips, no chin, all eyes.
- fast asleep in a carrier, warm and completely relaxed against my body.
- goofy, gummy smiles.
- the feeling that this little creature truly loves and needs us, for food, for comfort, for everything. Amazing.
omigoodness. that was just lovely mia…. just lovely.
(and i love zeke’s snail shirt.)